Needs-Based Speaker Travel Grant
MidCamp is committed to being accessible to anyone and everyone who is interested in learning and participating in our community. The Needs-Based Speaker Travel Grant is available for speakers who need assistance covering the costs of hotel, food, and travel. Grants are available for up to $500. To apply, email us at [email protected].
A MidCamp themed slide template is available for the speakers who would like to use it.
- Google Slides format
- When logged in to your Google account select 'File' -> 'Make a copy' to create your own version for editing.
- Footer text can be edited via View -> Master
- PowerPoint format - select 'File' -> 'Download as' -> 'Microsoft PowerPoint'
(Fonts used in the presentation can be downloaded as well if needed)
You may use whatever slide deck you desire. We request that you include the following slides in your presentation:
- Title Slide
- Speaker Slide
- Contribution Day (Friday, April 28th)
- More information at https://www.midcamp.org/2023/schedule/friday
If you're using code-based slides, here's some Markdown to start with.
As you prepare your slides, please be mindful of accessibility. Below are tips to keep in mind:
- Plan to describe images you use if they contain content relevant to the presentation, for people who cannot see them.
- New vocabulary/tech-y words are nice to have written on slides, especially for those in the audience who are not native English speakers.
- Upload your slides to MidCamp.org ahead of time, so that people could use screen readers with it or zoom in to see text on their local machines.
- Keep in mind the contrast ratios of text/background colors. If using reveal.js, consider running your presentation through Google's Lighthouse tool.
- wave.webaim.org can be pointed at the raw HTML and do an evaluation.
- All sessions will be captioned using Zoom. More information can be found on our Accessibility page.
- Transcripts will be created and shared at a later date.
Speakers should arrive at their session room 10-15 minutes early for setup. Check the Schedule for your day and time slot.
Virtual Speaker Resources
If you will be presenting remotely, your session is also a Hybrid session where the session will be displayed on a projector in the assigned room on-site. Please review the separate embedded Virtual Speaker Resources Packet below for additional details.